The Authentic Agent Podcast
Why Are Agents Afraid to Use Leverage?
July 13, 2021
Podcast Number: 037
Brandon and Kyle talk about some of the common pitfalls agents fall into when they’re working in their business. It can be hard to let go of certain things and really capitalize on the resources that are available to you. In this week’s episode, Brandon and Kyle talk about leverage and some of the myths and hesitations agents are faced with when it comes to using this leverage!
- Leverage can be so good for your real estate business, so why aren’t more agents using it?
- Let’s dive in and talk about some myths about leverage.
- Do you think no one can do it as well as you?
- Not everyone is going to have skin in the game and work as hard as you. However, you still have to learn how to delegate.
- Write down everything that you do. Put it on paper.
- In a loose way, you’ve created a system that someone else can now follow!
- Set the right expectations with your clients. Are you answering emails at all hours of the night? Stop!
- No matter what, strive to build consistency in your business. You do that by building accurate systems and processes.
- Flying by the seat of your pants in this industry is stressful.
- Leverage is meant to give you back time!
- Sometimes people feel like if they’re not working as much, they’re leaving money on the table. You use leverage to not work as much to gain back more time to work on more important things in the business!
- No one is truly “self-made.” Everyone has a support system.
- Do you have a fear of feeling less than or not worthy if you ask for help?
- Reshape your mindset. Your customers are signing up for the problems you solve, not signing up for you.
- We make money when we solve problems!
- Sometimes people don’t want to use leverage because they’re afraid of being accountable. This might sound strange, but maybe this applies to you if you’re a disorganized person!
- It’s crazy, but it doesn’t take much to be in the top 1% of agents in your area.
- Do you want to grow or do you want to remain stagnant?
- Are you a business builder or are you living the illusion of being a business builder? If you don’t delegate, you will constantly be chasing your own tail.
- Agents might be afraid of opening up and showing their books to their team. They might feel like they’re inadequate and not doing enough.
- Here’s a different way of looking at it: When there are more eyes on your books, there’s more accountability and drive for you to go above and beyond and succeed in your goals.
- Brandon does a quick recap on what he talked about today about leverage.
- By using leverage, you create more efficiency and business focus.
- Don’t let fear direct your business!