The Authentic Agent Podcast
Here’s Why You Need To Be Selfish
July 27, 2021
Podcast Number: 038
Brandon and Kyle talk about selfishness. There’s actually a positive form of selfishness that more people need to embrace! The selfishness of taking care of yourself first so you can show up in a bigger and better way for your team, friends, and family.
- Let’s talk about selfishness. It’s not just a negative thing!
- It’s not selfish to focus on yourself.
- What are the right conditions to create positive selfishness?
- Brandon knows he needs to work on his health, but he also knows that’s going to take more time away from his family.
- Are you just being busy to be busy?
- Growth is just as much about saying no as it is about adding new things to your plate.
- Do you have people in your life that feel like they have a voice in your decisions? Here’s where you need to decide between needing the best outcome for you or their approval.
- What can you be doing for yourself that will optimize your time?
- Are you tired currently? Do you feel like you don’t have a lot of time? Do you just feel bad? Be selfish to yourself!
- People can easily fall back into negative patterns, especially if they don’t prioritize themselves first.
- You’re going to be a better person when you take care of yourself first. This works in all areas of your life. Spiritual, mental, and physical.
- It feels selfish to take 20 mins. twice a day to meditate, but the benefits you get help you show up tenfold!
- Be selfish for all the right reasons.
- Brandon had to write a letter to himself a year from now. He shares an affirmation that helps him stay on track.
- Get ready to disappoint some people who are over-demanding of your time (outside of your family).