The Authentic Agent Podcast
How To Become Your Most Authentic Self
August 3, 2021
Podcast Number: 039
Brandon and Kyle talk about authenticity and why it’s so important when you’re building your own business. If you hope to be authentic to your team and your clients, it means you need to have a level of confidence within yourself to not care what people might think of you. It’s hard to develop this skill right away, especially for agents that rely on commissions. Brandon and Kyle share what you can do to be more authentic, and why repelling people is actually a good thing.
- What is the meaning of authenticity?
- How does being authentic in your life and business improve your productivity?
- Being authentic is when your thoughts, your words, your emotions, and your actions are all aligned.
- The industry is pushing a lot of things that make people very uncomfortable. It’s putting too much pressure on people to perform and it’s taking away people’s strengths.
- When you know something doesn’t feel right to you, you need to check in with yourself.
- Being authentic is making a personal commitment to yourself that you will raise the standard and go above and beyond for yourself and your business.
- Confidence is not a temporary thing. You should have to “fake it till you make it.” Confidence first starts with knowing that we are all flawed human beings.
- Confident people do not hide from their flaws, they embrace them. They really don’t care what people think.
- How do we get out of a people-pleasing cycle?
- Attract the right people to your organization by being vocal about who you are.
- Who would you be in your life and your business if you were completely free of fear?
- It’s not about changing the work that you do, it’s about changing the part of you that does the work.
- If you’re trying to be everything to everyone then you’ll end up faking it. You’re setting yourself up for an impossible mission; you can’t be everything to everyone.
- Own who you are and what you’re trying to accomplish.
- Brandon’s goal is to attract the right people to work with him and repel the wrong people from his community.
- Be your most authentic self and find that community that makes you feel empowered to build the skills you need and to learn from your mistakes.