The Authentic Agent Podcast
Negativity Fuels Negativity. Be Different and Focus On Your Own Business
August 17, 2021
Podcast Number: 040
Brandon and Kyle talk about some of the big negative drama that the news loves to feed about what’s happening in the real estate market right now. It’s so easy to get distracted. It’s so easy to focus on things that are outside your control, to blame Zillow, to blame XYZ, but really, all it’s doing is taking time and energy away from you building something great in your business. Brandon and Kyle share their thoughts on how to get out of this negative cycle and back to focusing on things that actually matter in this week’s episode.
- Big drama happening in real estate. The news really is driving a fear mindset.
- There’s so much noise out there and it keeps you distracted from working on your business, and growing it to its full potential.
- It’s so easy to post something negative online and get validation on that negativity.
- Negativity recruits more negativity.
- Negativity doesn’t serve you. Focus on your business. Focus on doing good.
- Real estate is simple! It’s not easy, though.
- Who should you REALLY be worried about?
- The people who are showing up, that’s who you need to pay attention to.
- The way you actually make a difference is by going out there and earning new business for yourself. Focus on helping others.
- It’s so easy for us to just avoid work. We need to make a commitment to ourselves to do the work. Trust the process and be consistent.
- What race are you in? Who are you competing against? Keep your eye on the prize.
- Why be mad at Zillow? Let go. You can create a bigger impact on your business.
- Stop giving into distractions and looking for that easy button. It doesn’t exist!
- Nothing in life is guaranteed. You might lose. It probably won’t be fair.
- No matter what happens to you, you will always have the experience; and that’s key to success.
- You’re going to fail eventually. It’s a given. Embrace it. You’re going to be okay.
- Be ready to change your mind. Be ready to adapt and evolve. It’s only going to benefit you.
- Let all the industry drama go. Just let it go and focus on you.