The Authentic Agent Podcast
Why You Should Blend Your Spirituality with Business
August 26, 2021
Podcast Number: 041
Brandon sits down with his very first guest so far on the show, Margaret “Mo” Smith! Mo is the CEO of I Love it When, a coaching, consulting, training, and retreat company for Entrepreneurs and their Operators. Mo shares why it’s important to have a spiritual side to your business and the positive impacts meditation and slowing things down can have for your mental wellbeing. In this hour-long discussion, join Brandon and Mo as they talk about unselfish selfishness, being your true self as a business owner, and tapping into your spirituality.
- Mo shares what holds people back the most in their business.
- We have so many distractions thrown at us constantly. It’s important to have a sense of spirituality within business. Mo explains what she means by that.
- Mo was fed up and done with the mediocre. She wanted to make an impact.
- The chatter in your head doesn’t get worse when you sit down and meditate. If anything, it makes you aware of how much noise is going on in your head.
- Meditation is not the absence of thought. It is the recognition of thoughts and letting them go.
- Mo has discovered the best kind of learning is through experiential learning. She doesn’t want to just “talk.” She wants to engage with her audience.
- Mo has gotten more in touch with her intuition and, guess what, she’s been rewarded for it.
- How do you perform to the highest level of standard without being trapped in the “hustle” and “grind” of out-competing everyone?
- Before getting involved in real estate, Mo did social work. This has helped her have more empathy and understanding towards others.
- All humans feel the same sort of core emotions. Fear of rejection, fear of failure, and more. However, when you challenge yourself and start seeing the growth, it becomes contagious.
- What’s the reason you got into real estate?
- The real estate industry is like the diet industry. Everyone’s jumping on the bandwagon of the hottest “trends” to get you leads.
- Mo is a recovering people-pleaser. It’s so easy to get caught up in trying to make everyone happy.
- Mo decided to put herself first. When you find ways to make yourself happy, more good things end up happening to you.
- You only need a select amount of true fans, but real estate agents are trying to be everything to everyone.
- Brandon thinks a lot of people in real estate are actually introverted masking themselves as extroverted.
- Brandon had to give himself permission and tell himself it’s okay to not go to every social event out there.
- When you’re at a conference, just pick ten people you want to network with. Ten! Focus your energy on that.
- No matter what, don’t worry about being an introvert!
- Mo highly encourages you to do a solo trip, no phone, no nothing, for three days. People get so uncomfortable with being alone with their own thoughts.
- Why does Mo believe she’s been on this planet more than once?
- Your ego can only exist in the past or the future.
- Even if you’re not a spiritual person, lean in with curiosity and explore this world with new eyes.