The Authentic Agent Podcast
Are You a Perfectionist? Here’s How to Overcome It
April 27, 2021
Podcast Number: 027
Brandon Tracy and Haley LoBosco talk about perfectionism in this week’s episode. If you feel like you’re stuck or not taking action, it might be because you’re waiting for the “perfect” moment to strike, but guess what, there is no such thing as a perfect moment. Brandon shares how he had to overcome his trauma response mechanism in order for him to get better at making a decision and stopping his perfectionism from protecting himself from rejection.
- Why aren’t you taking action? Why aren’t you building new skills?
- So many of us suffer from imposter syndrome.
- Do you get paralyzed from trying to be perfect all the time?
- We all have gifts. You need to put yourself out there!
- Everything has already been said. You just have to share.
- There is room for you in this world.
- By waiting to be perfect, we’re not taking any actions.
- Perfectionism is a trauma response. Brandon explains what he means by that.
- There is no such thing as a perfect email, or perfect script.
- How much are you using your perfectionism to block you from rejection?
- Brandon had to do some inner work to get to the next level. What got you here won’t get you there.
- Brandon didn’t want to take action because he was so afraid of letting people down with a bad decision.
- It took a while, but Brandon realized he didn’t have to be perfect, he just needed to create the right learning environment so that everyone on his team could grow.
- You have to be an imperfectionist in a lot of ways.
- What does an imperfect action plan look like? Brandon shares the process.
- You have so little to lose when you get into action, and so much to gain!
- How long did it take Brandon to realize that it’s okay to not be perfect?
- You can prepare yourself for the emotions that will come. You will feel imposter syndrome, you will feel self-doubt, but the good news is you can ready your emotions for this new roller coaster. It’s all just part of the process.
- Get feedback from the right people, and keep continuing on your journey.