The Authentic Agent Podcast
How to Skillfully Navigate Market Shifts without Losing Your Sanity
May 25, 2021
Podcast Number: 031
Brandon and Haley know things are absolutely competitive in the market right now! When things are so uncertain and so competitive, we have a tendency to try to control what is practically impossible to control, and we end up being miserable for it. You don’t have to do more in order to get more, you have to set yourself up to win, and that happens with little increments over time. You slowly get better and better as you learn more and get more data. Brandon shares how you can let go of control AND win!
- We are all experiencing an incredibly competitive market right now.
- Tactics don’t always fix the problem. However, if you have a good mindset, no matter what adversity comes your way, you can overcome it.
- How do you navigate market shifts? It comes down to acceptance.
- When you accept the reality of the moment, you can focus on what’s right in front of you — being your best professional self.
- Think of the market as if it’s white water rafting.
- How do you properly surrender in the moment?
- When we try to control things we can not possibly control, it makes us rigid and stressed out!
- Are you experiencing mental fatigue right now?
- How many times have you been frustrated to compete for something and you end up not winning?
- You don’t always win on the first try, but if you set yourself up to be in the position to win, then it’s easier to hit those goals. It doesn’t feel like you’re rowing against the tide.
- It takes a buyer five to seven offers to get a deal under contract. You have to accept the fact that it’s a numbers game.
- See every challenge as an opportunity to improve your skills.
- People love stories. Our minds are built for narrative stories.
- When you’re being challenged, don’t buckle down. Rise to the occasion.
- Unfortunately, there are people you won’t be able to help in your market.
- You don’t get success without client success.