The Authentic Agent Podcast
What Kind of Language Are You Using to Describe This Booming Real Estate Market Right Now?
May 4, 2021
Podcast Number: 028
Brandon Tracy and Haley LoBosco talk about why it’s so important to be intentional with the type of language you’re using when it comes to this competitive market right now. Do you often say that things are “crazy” or “wild” or “unpredictable”? How you perceive the market to be might actually be affecting how you’re showing up as a real estate agent to your clients. If you feel like the market is out of control, then you might be showing up and playing small because you’re uncertain where things are headed, which doesn’t help anybody, especially your clients!
- It’s an incredibly competitive market out there right now.
- We have to be careful what kind of language we’re using in a competitive market and how we’re showing up for our clients.
- How can you be good at better managing these intense market cycles?
- What kind of language are you using to describe the market? Do you say things like “It’s crazy.” “It’s insane.”?
- The way we talk about the market is unhealthy.
- Are you making excuses because you’re afraid you can’t help people succeed in this “crazy” market?
- If you are using words like “crazy” and “wild” and “nuts,” those are the types of responses you’ll be getting back in your business. You’re actually doubling your work without realizing it!
- How can we change the way we show up to our clients?
- It’s your responsibility to sit down and educate your clients about what’s going on in the industry.
- Don’t play small and not show up as the best version of yourself.
- Set standards for yourself.
- How do you let go of a client?
- Don’t try to find “every” customer. Find “your” customer.
- Everyone says it’s a crazy market, but in reality, it’s just a market.